Joy Ranch of South Dakota
Our 126-acre slice of South Dakota offers a varied and diverse landscape, packed with fun activities and plenty of chances to explore.
Joy Ranch is an 1880s prairie town design complete with “old west” facades with modern high comfort facilities. Situated on a quiet lake nestled into the rolling prairie hills, Joy Ranch is a special place set apart. Joy Ranch is the perfect escape for family reunions, business meetings, weddings, or any event!
The sprawling 1880s Town has instantly become a guest favorite. This western main street will let you take a walk back in time. Enjoy a root beer float and pizza at The Thirsty Boot Saloon. Play games with the family at Wild Bill’s Game Room or have fun outside on the sports court and playground. When you need some time to relax, you can cozy up to one of our 13 fireplaces found throughout the property.
- Joy Ranch is open year-round! Sixteen thematically designed, fully wheelchair-accessible retreat center rooms with private bathrooms are available.
- Four cabin-style rooms (bunkhouses), each with its own accessible bathroom are available. Each cabin-style room has 15 single beds.
People are happier with a good meal. We can take care of all your catering needs with our full-service, on-site kitchen.
- The Campground includes 11 spacious sites with breathtaking views of the prairie and quiet Lyle Lake.
Two Dining Rooms
- The large dining room can seat 240 for a meal.
- The small dining room can seat an additional 40 people.
Meeting Rooms Available
Our three meeting rooms are perfect for private, productive sessions inspired by the unique surroundings. Have a large group? We can remove our partition walls to create space for more than 100 people.
Our riding arena is heated and offers the ideal environment for year-round camps and programs. You can even take riding lessons from one of our experienced instructors.
Or explore the scenic trails while horseback riding with your friends and one of our guides. The ranch is also the perfect setting for carriage and sleigh rides.
Joy Ranch is ideal for group events of all types because it’s serene, gorgeous, and far away from distractions. Let us host your next corporate or church retreat, birthday, anniversary, graduation, family or class reunion, Christmas party, special dinner, and more!