If you want to experience Watertown at its best, visit during Watertown’s annual highlights.
- Living History Fair:
Saturday January 26, 2019. Come see live demonstrations & actors recreating how our ancestors lived, worked and played. Be part of this historic event by attending the Living History Fair. The Living History Fair will take place at Lake Area Technical Institute from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm.
- Watertown Winter Farm Show:
February 5-9, 2019. For over 70 years, thousands flock to the Codington County Extension Complex for this five day agricultural event. With over 150 commercial exhibitors featuring the newest advancements in technology for the farm and ranch, as well as exhibits for home and family.
- St. Patrick's Day Celebration:
Saturday, March 16, 2019. Held the Saturday closest to St. Patrick's Day, enjoy the Shamrock Shuffle 5K, pancake breakfast, Little Miss and Mr. Contest, and a parade, all in Downtown Watertown.
- Curt Carter Memorial Gun Show:
March 16-17, 2019. The Curt Carter Memorial Gun Show is held every year in mid-March at the Codington County Extension Complex in Watertown, SD. This gun show is the areas' largest gun show and many people come from miles around. Kones Korner's website
- South Dakota Taxidermy Association Competition:
March 14-17, 2019. Held at the Watertown Event Center this conference features taxidermists of all levels - World Class, Beginners, Old Timers and everyone in between!! Compare taxidermist work side-by-side and vote for your favorite entry for the Peoples Choice Award.
- Watertown's Wine & Beer Walk:
2019 date coming soon. Let's welcome summer with Watertown's Annual Wine & Beer Walk! Gather your friends for an evening of wine, beer, and entertainment in Downtown Watertown. Select Chamber members will be sampling varieties of what is new in the wine and beer world and offering door prizes for Watertown's Wine Walk participants.
- Sunset Zoofari:
2019 date coming soon. A food, wine and beer fundraiser event at the Bramble Park Zoo celebrating cultures, foods, and refreshments, through entertainment and a silent auction at the zoo. This event is held for those 21 and over only.
- Family Zoofari:
2019 date coming soon. On the day after Sunset Zoofari bring your family to enjoy Family Zoofari. Bring the whole family for a day full of cultural activities and animals. Presentations and activities will be provided throughout the day.
- South Dakota's Biggest Firework Show
2019 date coming soon: Each year, thousands help celebrate our nation’s independence! Bring your lawn chairs to the Redlin Art Center. At dark, sit back and enjoy South Dakota's BIGGEST Fireworks Show. Admission is FREE. Hotel guests are invited to enjoy free shuttle via the Watertown Trolley to and from the event, beginning at 5:00 pm.
- Independence Day Parade
Thursday July 4, 2019: The Independence Day parade along takes place in downtown Watertown. The route begins at 4th Street and E. Kemp and continues west to the Watertown Stadium. Traditional candy toss begins at 1:45 pm; parade begins at 2:00 p.m.
- Cookin’ on Kampeska KCBS BBQ Cook-off:
Friday July 19th- Saturday, July 20, 2019
Held at Stokes-Thomas City Park on Lake Kampeska in Mid-July. Enjoy fun-filled family activities including a Burger Battle, Kids Que, coed volleyball tournament, live entertainment, inflatables, beanbag tournament, Little Miss and Mr. Kampeska contest, and a sanctioned Kansas City Barbeque Society competition!
- Watertown Radio Chili Cook-Off at the Bramble Park Zoo:
Saturday September 22, 2018. Spice up your day and join us for a hot event in mid-September! Enjoy the chili contest, music, prizes, and more. Guests can purchase a wristband to taste each contestants chili. Website
- North Country Fiber Fair:
Friday, September 14- Sunday September 16, 2018. Held in September at the Codington County Extension Complex, this event features llama, alpaca, sheep and much more fibers. Watch demonstrations by spinners and weavers using the fibers from various animals. Great food booths featuring homemade jams, jellies and baked goods, as well as vendors with products for sale. Website
- Vintiques Car Show:
Saturday September 8, 2018. This classic car show will be held on Kemp Avenue in Downtown Watertown is fun for the whole family! Come enjoy the outdoor show and look at all the vintage and classic cars on display, enjoy Downtown shopping or stop in for lunch from one of the many food vendors.
- Oktoberfest at Dempsey's Pub: A week long celebration of Bavarian tradition! Authentic German cuisine, games, stein holding competition, and live music.
- Zoo Boo at Bramble Park Zoo:
Saturday October 27, 2018. A spooktacular event filled with ghouls and goblins! Youth will trick-or-treat, visit ghostly “boo”ths, and observe the animals at the Bramble Park Zoo.
Downtown Holiday Lighted Parade: This parade starts the Holiday season every year on the Friday after Thanksgiving at 6:30 pm. Santa makes an appearance, much to the little ones’ delight, while the beautiful lighted floats & fireworks draw, “oohs and aahs” from all.
- Winter Wonderland Lighted Display: Load up the car and take a leisurely drive through Stokes-Thomas City Park. See beautiful lighted displays created by various sponsors from the Watertown community. Don't miss Santa! Held from 6pm to 9pm, every Fri., Sat., & Sun. after Thanksgiving through Christmas.
- Christmas at the Redlin Art Center: Every year in early December, those seeking a Redlin Christmas head to the Redlin Art Center for a Christmas party. Enjoy sleigh rides through the countryside, hot cocoa, Christmas treats, music, classic holiday films, and fellowship.
- Breakfast with Santa at Bramble Park Zoo: Enjoy breakfast with Santa and his animal friends at the Bramble Park Zoo on a Saturday morning in December. Activities inside the Discovery Center as well as outside in the winter cold to view the animals at the zoo.