If you want to experience Watertown at its best, visit Watertown during its annual events.
- Living History Fair:
2022 date coming soon. Come see live demonstrations & actors recreating how our ancestors lived, worked, and played. Be part of this historic event by attending the Living History Fair. The Living History Fair will take place at Lake Area Technical Institute from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm.
- Watertown Winter Farm Show:
2022 date coming soon. For over 70 years, thousands flock to the Codington County Extension Complex for this four day agricultural event. With over 150 commercial exhibitors featuring the newest advancements in technology for the farm and ranch, as well as exhibits for home and family. For more information go to: www.watertownwinterfarmshow.com, or check us out on Facebook - Watertown Winter Farm show.
- St. Patrick's Day Celebration:
March 12th, 2022. Held the Saturday closest to St. Patrick's Day, enjoy the Shamrock Shuffle 5K, pancake breakfast, Little Miss and Mr. Contest, and a parade, all in Downtown Watertown. Visit www.watertownsd.com for more information and to sign up for your St. Patrick's Day Parade Entry
- Curt Carter Memorial Gun Show:
2022 date coming soon The Curt Carter Memorial Gun Show is held every year in mid-March at the Codington County Extension Complex in Watertown, SD. This gun show is the areas' largest gun show and many people come from miles around. Kones Korner's website
- South Dakota Taxidermy Association Competition:
2022 date coming soon CANCELLED for 2021 due to COVID-19 | Held at the Watertown Event Center this conference features taxidermists of all levels - World Class, Beginners, Old Timers and everyone in between!! Compare taxidermist work side-by-side and vote for your favorite entry for the Peoples Choice Award.
- Watertown's Wine & Beer Walk:
June 3rd, 2021. Let's welcome summer with Watertown's Annual Wine & Beer Walk! Gather your friends for an evening of wine, beer, and entertainment in Downtown Watertown. Select Chamber members will be sampling varieties of what is new in the wine and beer world and offering door prizes for Watertown's Wine Walk participants.
- Sippin' Safari:
June 18th 2021, 6-9 pm. A food, wine, and beer fundraiser event at the Bramble Park Zoo celebrating cultures, foods, and refreshments, through entertainment and a silent auction at the zoo. This event is held for those 21 and over only.
- SD Largest Fireworks: The Redlin Art Center will not be hosting the city fireworks event this year. They are no longer able to do the event safely due to the growth of the sdjacent industrial park. Fell free to check our events calendar, where we add new events daily.
- Independence Day Parade
- Sunday, July 4, 2021: The Independence Day parade takes place in downtown Watertown. The route begins at 4th Street and E. Kemp and continues west to the Watertown Stadium. Traditional candy toss begins at 1:45 pm; parade begins at 2:00 p.m.
- Cookin’ on Kampeska:
July 16-17, 2021
Held at Stokes-Thomas City Park on Lake Kampeska in Mid-July. Enjoy fun-filled family activities including a Burger Battle, Kids Que, coed volleyball tournament, live entertainment, inflatables, beanbag tournament, Little Miss and Mr. Kampeska contest, For more information visit: www.cookinonkampeska.com or check us out on Facebook - Cookin on Kampeska
- Watertown Radio Chili Cook-Off at the Bramble Park Zoo:
2021 date coming soon Spice up your day and join us for a hot event in mid-September! Enjoy the chili contest, music, prizes, and more. Guests can purchase a wristband to taste each contestant's chili. Website
- North Country Fiber Fair:
2022 date coming soon Held in September at the Codington County Extension Complex, this event features llama, alpaca, sheep, and much more fibers. Watch demonstrations by spinners and weavers using the fibers from various animals. Great food booths featuring homemade jams, jellies, and baked goods, as well as vendors with products for sale. Website
- Vintiques Car Show:
2021 date coming soon. This classic car show will be held on Kemp Avenue in Downtown Watertown is fun for the whole family! Come enjoy the outdoor show and look at all the vintage and classic cars on display, enjoy Downtown shopping or stop in for lunch from one of the many food vendors.
- Oktoberfest at Dempsey's Pub: A week-long celebration of Bavarian tradition! Authentic German cuisine, games, stein holding competition, and live music.
- Zoo Boo at Bramble Park Zoo:
2021 date coming soon. A spooktacular event filled with ghouls and goblins! Youth will trick-or-treat, visit ghostly “boo”ths, and observe the animals at the Bramble Park Zoo.
Downtown Holiday Lighted Parade: November 26, 2021 This parade starts the Holiday season every year on the Friday after Thanksgiving at 6:30 pm. Santa makes an appearance, much to the little ones’ delight, while the beautiful lighted floats & fireworks draw, “oohs and aahs” from all.
- Winter Wonderland Lighted Display: Load up the car and take a leisurely drive through Stokes-Thomas City Park. See beautiful lighted displays created by various sponsors from the Watertown community. Don't miss Santa! Held from 6pm to 9pm, every Fri., Sat., & Sun. after Thanksgiving through Christmas.
- Breakfast with Santa at Bramble Park Zoo:
2021 date coming soon. Enjoy breakfast with Santa and his animal friends at the Bramble Park Zoo on a Saturday morning in December. Activities inside the Discovery Center as well as outside in the winter cold to view the animals at the zoo.