Watertown Regional Airport
* Flights coming and going to Chicago O'Hard are temporarily suspended due to Covid-19 *
- Bramble Park Zoo | Open with restrictions
- Codington County Heritage Museum | Scheduled to open June 1, 2020 following CDC guidelines. Please stay tuned for further information regarding precautions being taken.
- Dakota Sioux Casino | Closed until further notice
- Mellette House | Closed
- Watertown Aquatic Center | Closed
- Joy Ranch | Summer programs cancelled
- Redlin Art Center Gallery & Gift Shops | Scheduled to open June 1, 2020 following CDC guidelines. Please stay tuned for further information regarding precautions being taken.
- Codington County Memorial Park – Opened; facilities to open June 2, 2020. Social distancing still advised; Please follow all posted guidelines
- Stokes-Thomas City Park – *Guidelines as of 4/17/2020* Please check Facebook page in case of modifications | Watertown Park & Rec Department Number: 605-882-6264
Now that it's spring, the Watertown Parks & Rec Department encourages everyone to enjoy the outdoors. Starting May 1, 2020, Stokes Thomas Lake City Park south campground will be open. North side is still closed due to flooding. The impact of Covid-19 has led to some change for the campground and park. The health and safety of our guests and staff is, and will always be paramount so changes have been made for operation.
Campground & Park Adjustments
- Limit all campsites to members of a single household or living unit; All private gatherings are prohibited, campsite should consist of not more than one (1) camp unit- 6 individuals and 2 vehicles per site
- If you leave your designated campsite, maintain social distancing; CDC guidelines suggest everyone maintain 6 feet apart at all times
- All Comfort Stations, playgrounds, and picnic shelters will remain closed
- All camping units must be self- contained with bathroom facilities. No tent camping.
- Dump station limited to registered guests; no drive-ins or individuals from other campgrounds. Registered City Park campers only
- All other regular campground rules and regulation are still in effect and will be enforced
- No cash payment; All billings will be "call-ins" credit or debit card only. Staff will not handle credit card
Campground payment procedures: (First Come/First Served)
- Select an open site
- NO reservations may be called in
- Call in payment for the number of nights at the times listed below
- Current payment rates:
- $25 per night: Standard campsite (Watert and Electricity)
- $35 per night: Premium campsite (Water, Electricity, Sewer, & Pull thru)
- Current payment rates:
- Phone in credit or debit card info: All info will be recorded at designated times only
- Sunday-Wednesday: 6:00 p.m.- 8:00 p.m. only
- Thursday- Saturday: 2:00 p.m.- 4:00 p.m./ 6:00 p.m.- 8:00 p.m.
- Phone: 605-882-6264
- Necessary information needed at registration time: Name/ Phone number/ Campside site number/ Credit or Debit card number/ Expiration date/ security code/ Camping unity license number/ length of stay